On Wednesdays I like to cook up something quick and easy but really tasty! It is that part of the week when you just want to either put your feet up and relax or get out and do something fun. So the mid-week meal series I will bring you will have you enjoying your evenings without spending too much time cooking or cleaning!
It is hump day after all!!
This is a great meal, its really easy but looks fab! Its adapted from a Jamie Oliver recipe and I have been cooking it for the last year. What I like is that you put everything in one dish, pop it in the oven and its done, it also makes a lovely gravy so I like to have it with dairy free mash.
I have made this for just me and Chris and also for my whole family of 7 and it really is stress free. You can also use any kind of vegetables that you have on hand, I always like to include leeks, cherry tomatoes and asparagus, they work really well with the flavors of the dish.
Adapted from Jamie Oliver
- 3 chicken breasts
- 6 slices of prosciutto
- 2 leeks or onion’s sliced
- 15 cherry tomatoes halved
- large bunch of asparagus (around 18 stalks)
- 1 large red pepper sliced
- 4 sprigs of rosemary or thyme
- olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dairy Free Butter
- 1/4 cup of white wine
- salt and pepper
- 4 medium russet potatoes, peeled and quatred
- 3 tablespoons of original coconut milk (the drinking kind)
- 1 small egg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of dairy free butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- dash of pepper