I love pickled Jalapenos! I have them in breakfast burritos, nachos, grilled cheese sandwiches but my absolute favorite is in these corn muffins. They are really light, slightly sweet with a kick of heat and are lovely served warm with a little bit of DF butter spread on them. So if like me you’re a Jalapeño fan you have to give these a go.
You can double or triple the amounts of white rice flour, tapioca starch and chickpea flour to make a good all-purpose muffin flour, store it in an air tight container in the freezer.
- 3/4 cup of white rice flour
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of tapioca starch
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons of chickpea flour
- 2/3 cup of cornmeal
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 3 tablespoons of chopped pickled jalapeno
- 1/2 cup of cheddar daiya
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cups of canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups of Dairy Free butter milk (pour 1 1/2 cups of coconut milk into a jug then take out 1 1/2 tablespoons and replace it with 1 1/2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar)
Add together your coconut milk and vinegar and let sit for 10 mins to make your dairy free butter milk. Preheat your oven to 375°F, in a bowl whisk together the eggs, buttermilk and oil. In another bowl combine the flours, potato starch, sugar, salt and baking powder. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until smooth but be careful not to over mix. Fold in the jalapeno and Daiya then pour into muffin cases if you like top some with a little extra daiya and bake for 20 – 25 mins.